Civil Rights Defenders is an international human rights organisation based in Sweden that defends people’s civil and political rights and works to empower human rights defenders at risk. In the Western Balkans, in accordance with our Regional Strategy, the organisation closely co-operates with a number of human rights organisations. We also advocate for improvements in the realm of human rights in the Western Balkans, both with regard to the general public and decision-makers. In addition to long-term support, we organise a variety of events, participate in coalitions with local partners, and conduct other joint advocacy and lobbying actions. Providing capacity building support and other kinds of assistance to human rights defenders is also part of our activities, in addition to publishing ad hoc reports on human rights in individual countries of the region/WB.
The tasks are varied, and include assisting in administrating the programs and with preparation of various activities and events in Bosnia and Herzegovina, assistance with human rights research and monitoring of countries developments, drafting reports and articles and similar.
- Eligible are applicants whose university studies include an internship period or applicants who graduated from university in the past year.
- A genuine interest in human rights and a basic knowledge of Civil Rights Defenders’ work.
- Good knowledge of the Bosnia and Herzegovina and the human rights landscape in the country.
- Preferred degree in law, political science, journalism, human rights or equivalent.
- Fluency in BCHS and English are a must (spoken and written).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and responsibly.
- Good drafting skills and experience in writing reports, articles and doing research.
- Experience of event planning is an asset.
The internship is unpaid and part-time. The internship starts April 1, 2017. The application must be written in English and should include a cover letter and resume. Please send your application to Sarajevo.Office@civilrightsdefenders.org no later than March 19th 2017.